Microphone That wont pick up Keyboard and Mouse clicks in background Dynamic Mic?

ryanskeltis

Hi, i'm looking to get a microphone do do lets plays and live commentary and everything i have read about condenser microphone says that they will pick up background noise from my keyboard and mouse clicking. Would a Dynamic Microphone be better, and if so what would you recommend that i would pick up. My price range is no more than $100 dollars, that would include the shock mount. Thanks for the help.

Or a decent headset mic that is closer to tour mouth and away from the noisy things. Condensers and dynamics both hear the same things IF they have the same directional pattern. Dynamics just have lower outputs, and don't need power to operate. The suggestion to go to a hyper cardioid helps by narrowing the acceptance angle but also introduces rear lobes to the pickup pattern - which could, if the angles are right, make noise pickup worse. Getting any mic closer to your mouth works best - even a microphone stand with a boom arm would be good.

Chances are pretty good that anything you do is going to sound terrible. Most pro-level headset mics are omni-directional because it typically affords the best sound in that application, but an omni pattern is going to make your ambient noise problem worse, not better. Consumer-level headset mics are going to sound poor, period, even though they'll likely be more directional. On top of that, whatever compression is applied by your streaming service is going to degrade the quality even more.

If you don't want to hear the mouse and keyboard, speak loud and type quietly.

Back