microphone recording noise from pc ?

hey so i'm just at the point of recording my vocals and noticed that my mic has two noise issues....... one is a ground noise as I have overcome it by running wire from where the mic plugs into my Audio interface to my hand which I hold while recording and it cuts out the ground noise but the other noise I have is no doubt coming from the pc.

I have tried being in separate rooms and it makes no difference.... it's not that it's picking up the noise of the pc through the mic it's like the noise is in the recording coming from the pc...

basically I could run a chord into my neighbours apartment and it would still be there...... and the noise is identical to the sound that I can hear from my pc when I'm sitting next to it only higher pitched.... fans,cpu noise or something.

I connect to pc through a AI and record on sonar..... when I play back the recording the noise is equal in level as my vocals.... and considering I am in another room and singing loud there is no way that the noise from my pc could be equal to the me singing.

so it must be bleeding through into the recording some how ? any ideas ?

Back