Microphone Pictures

wilkee

If there is enough interest in pictures of the insides of mics then I will stick some pictures of my mics on my web page

These Include

Rode NT3 & NT1000
Audio Technica AT4033 & pro25
AKG D900 & D414
Behringer B1 B2 & B5
Sennheiser E865 & K6 series

Various dyno's

what do you think

It's a nice offer which will interest some people more than others I guess.

Personally, the Rode NT1000 and the Behri B5 would be the two that would be the best additions to that gallery I started last year as it was aimed at Chinese (or almost Chinese) sourced mics.

:cool:

ausrock said:
It's a nice offer which will interest some people more than others I guess.

Personally, the Rode NT1000 and the Behri B5 would be the two that would be the best additions to that gallery I started last year as it was aimed at Chinese (or almost Chinese) sourced mics.

Aus do you stick your photo's on a web site, if so what is the url.

Tony

p.s. Will do NT1000 first.

wilkee said:
If there is enough interest in pictures of the insides of mics then I will stick some pictures of my mics on my web page

These Include

Rode NT3 & NT1000
Audio Technica AT4033 & pro25
AKG D900 & D414
Behringer B1 B2 & B5
Sennheiser E865 & K6 series

Various dyno's

what do you think
Yeah, I'd like to see inside them... post the pictures and a link. Thanks

DJL said:
Thanks wilkee... but where are the Behringer B5 pictures?

I am still trying to work out how to get into the little buggers without doing damage.
If and when the pics will be posted asap. Will take some of the capsules and post them first.

It will take me some time to photograph all my mikes but I will get there.

Getting into that body isn't to hard you'll need a pair of small needle nose pliers and an electronics screw driver.
You'll see that the rings on the body with the threads for the capsules has two gaps in it, open the pliers and put each end into the gaps and then unscrew the ring take it completely out. After that you'll have the mount of the capsule to unscrew, quite easy to do just take care in not marking up the body or the chipping the chrome, just get a good grip and unscrew. Then the small screw on the body at the bottom rear of the mic, and just push on the XLR and slide the PCB out.

Thank you Justin Hyatt. :)

Hey wilkee, if it's not too much trouble... it would be real kool if you posted the details to opening up the other mics you've already done and etc.

Thanks for starting on the B5 alrealy... those look like nice little capsules... oh, please post pics of both sides of the B5 PCB. Thanks :)

Justin Hyatt said:
[B
You'll see that the rings on the body with the threads for the capsules has two gaps in it, open the pliers and put each end into the gaps and then unscrew the ring take it completely out.
. [/B]

I had tried as you say with pin pliers but it just seemed to flex. I should hve given it more Welly.
They have also covered the bottom screw which holds the XLR with the name decal which I did not want to ruin but??

Justin thanks for your help.

Tony

It would appear that Behringer have arranged to make these difficult to open up without causing at least some cosmetic damage..................Wilkee, that being the case, I would suggest you not worry about it.

Yeah wilkee, it's just a Behringer decal... so I wouldn't worry about it either. Send me a heads-up PM with your address after you post the Behringer B5 pictures on your website and I'll send you $3 to replace your B5 decal with. :)

ausrock said:
It would appear that Behringer have arranged to make these difficult to open up without causing at least some cosmetic damage..................Wilkee, that being the case, I would suggest you not worry about it.

Lemme guess they designed it that way so we wouldn't see into their terrible electronics etc? :D

CanopuS said:
Lemme guess they designed it that way so we wouldn't see into their terrible electronics etc? :D
797 Audio in China makes the Behringer B5... I thought you liked 797 Audio products?

ausrock said:

I agree. Wilkee, don't take it apart if you are not comfortable with it. You're the one who'll have to live with a cosmetically defective mic and it'll hurt you $ wise should you ever decide to sell it.

DJL said:
797 Audio in China makes the Behringer B5... I thought you liked 797 Audio products?

I'm neither for or against. I try to stay neutral when I can (and avoid all the arguments we have around here). All I can say is that my brother is very happy with his B1 and VTB-1, and that the C4 pair my friend has are a nice set of mics.

My comment was actually just a little joke. Sorry :)

Wilkee, another question: how old is your NT1000? The capsule looks different from what I seem to remember it to look like. I think the early models had the ususal Neumann-inspired capsules. Yours is edge determined, similar to the one in the new NT2000.

Back