Microphone mounting from ceiling

Octava219

I have racked my brain trying to figure out a good cheap way to mount a mic boom to the ceiling of my vocal booth. It is 6'5 inches high. I need to be able to mount a small boom hanging upside down that will support a shock mount and condenser. It may be something obvious that I am missing :confused:

Got any good ideas? Pref something cheap

Here's my NASA approved setup (see post #4):
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=287656
Probably cost me $10. There's a hook on the ceiling and you can adjust the height of the mic by using different links in the chain. Rite scientifik huh? :)

There's literally thousands of Ultimate Support System keyboard stands pissing off wives and girlfriends all over the world, taking up valuable closet space. :mad: I turn down about 1 a year for free. I've got 3 and I use them for adult build-it sets. You can make a lot of stuff out of them.

An alternative is to buy one of those flanges (Radio Shack used to have them) that mounts on a surface and you can screw a mic clip on to. You could mount one on the wall and just put a boom on it. Those are dirt cheap and I have a few mounted around my studio. It's a round thing about 2 1/2" in diameter with mic clip threads on it, and you mount it with screws.

I have racked my brain trying to figure out a good cheap way to mount a mic boom to the ceiling of my vocal booth. It is 6'5 inches high. I need to be able to mount a small boom hanging upside down that will support a shock mount and condenser. It may be something obvious that I am missing :confused:

Got any good ideas? Pref something cheap

Can you post a pic of your ceiling area that you want to mount a stand from ?

Just get a mic flange from Radio Shack and screw it to one of the studs in the ceiling! This isn't rocket science.

They're like $3!

Attach a goose neck and there ya go.

Being a rocket scientist myself I will be the one who deems what is and is not rocket science, sir....:mad:

And this is actually not rocket science. So I will concede that point to you.

I may have not explained that I want to use a boom. I do not want to use a gooseneck. The flange would be a good idea if one could screw a boom stand onto it.

Just get a mic flange from Radio Shack and screw it to one of the studs in the ceiling! This isn't rocket science.

They're like $3!

Attach a goose neck and there ya go.

check out the plumbing section of the loacl home depot type joint... your looking for flanges like they use for mounting grab rails for gimps and the like... find one thats the size of your mic stand... shorten and thread as neccesary... et' voila....

Back