Microphone in this Black Keys vid?

No clue what the mic is, but wow does that place bring back memories!!!!

We were playing at a little place in the Tri-Cities called The Fillin' Station when the guitar player knocked over a Colorado Bulldog that was sitting on his Blues Deluxe. The output tubes (one of which I have displayed in my studio) literally got filled with the drink, and the amplifier's ability to output smoke was greatly enhanced in an inverse relationship to it's ability to output sound. One of the guys in the audience says, "I have a friend who has a studio down the road, let me call him and see if he'll loan you an amp." The guitar player ended up playing the rest of the gig with an old blackface Fender from the studio.

Also no ideal. A black SDC could be anything really. It's a common body style. Perhaps better luck identifying by the mic clip which appears to be unique. Not that the mic that is being used on it, is what came with it. And it might just be a universal clip. I'd guess and DPA or Senn. MKH series. But it'd just be a guess. It looks like a SM81 is over the drummers shoulder. And I'm not sure what the corn dog looking one is by the piano in the beginning. Cascade Vin Jet? Although not the right color / dimensions.

Back