Microphone arm

Shakuan

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a microphone arm that would come down the ceiling. I don't have much space in the room so if I could just have an articulated arm attached to the ceiling and bring it down when I need to mic something, it would save on the space (no mic stand in my feet).

I mounted mine on the wall of my vocal booth, specifically in the corner. The arm I got on e-bay for $40, and the mount I made myself:

IM000837.JPG

Frederic,

I've got a couple similar swing arms at my disposal. The end where you've got the mic connected is simply a smooth (non threaded) post. Was yours the same? If so, how did you mount the mic mount to it?

And DON'T tell me you welded somthing on there! :eek:

Seriously...thanks.

Punkin,

The arm I got has a 1/2" hollow post on the bottom that's intended to fit into a base of some kind. Here is a picture of my mount, upside down, so you can see the inside:

IM000836.JPG

As you can see, it's nothing more than a piece of leftover angle iron, with a triangular piece welded on top, with a 1" round welded to the bottom of the triangular piece. Then I just drilled through the top of the triangle, into the 1" round about 3/4 of the way. Flipped it over from how you see it in the picture, screwed it to the wall, inserted mic arm into the hole, viola, done.

Aaaah, Brad beat me to reposting my how-to picture :)

Here is the design I did, that I built this from. I designed three styles, corner mount, wall mount, and desk mount. All three are easy to make.

micmount3.jpg

Back