AvoidTheClap

here's what i own:

(2) mxl 990's
(1) mxl 991
(1) mxl 993
(3) drum mic's
(1) bass drum mic
(3) senheiser dynamic's.

what i've been doing is the bass drum mic on the bass drum, 1 drum mic on the snare, 1 between the rack toms, & 1 between the floor toms.
then the 993 on the hats, 2 dynamics overhead.

i just purchase'd the additional 990 & 991 last night. mainly because i wasn't getting a clean enough sound from the bass drum or overheads.

is the best thing to do now use the 993 & 991 for overheads, & a 990 on the hats (angling it sideways at an angle)
& then maybe using the bass drum mic & a 990 on the bass drum to try to blend a decent sound?

the drum set is a 6 piece yamaha stage custom. & i have 8 channels i can record into at the same time.

thanks.

Yeah, the 991 and 993 as overheads
Try putting the 990 on the batter side of the kick, remember to reverse the phase.

What sennheisers do you have? One of those might work better on the snare, maybe another on the floor tom?

reshp1 said:
Yeah, the 991 and 993 as overheads
Try putting the 990 on the batter side of the kick, remember to reverse the phase.

What sennheisers do you have? One of those might work better on the snare, maybe another on the floor tom?

i think its the e845, or maybe the one step down from that.

the drum mic's aren't anything too great. it was under 200 for the 4pack. so maybe you're right about the sen's being better.

Back