Michael Moreau - Lift these Flames

intenseza

Hey Guys!

Here's an update of my song.

What do I need to improve on with this song? Any specific areas?
All comments and crit appreciated!

Thx!

Attachments

• MICHAEL MOREAU - Lift these Flames.mp3
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
not listening on the best of speakers but it seems kind of muddy....I can hear all the instruments but its just dull sounding to me.. I dont have any suggestions on how to fix it as I am here as a student!!!! But Im sure someone here could tell you! Cool song though...like the intro!!!

Ahhh, a cliche pop chord progression in the beginning. Can't go wrong with that. ;)
Hahaha, in all seriousness it sounds pretty good. The low end is a bit muddy. The drums aren't big enough. Bring them up in the mix. I'm guessing it's Steven Slate? The cymbal crash is repetitive and annoying. I recommend these cymbal samples. http://www.erdo.se/downloads.html
The guitar tone sounds like it's lacking something. Maybe weird EQ? The Mid-High range sounds scooped out. With a little work it could sound better. Good job.

Yeah, I agree with the comments about the bass, it needs more definition and it is totally burying the kick. I hear the kick's click, but not the thump. You might have this tune pretty squashed, the snare doesn't have a good pop to it, kind of flat. Overall, I'd like to hear the drums as a bigger part of the mix, except the hihats. They are too much already.

Guitars sound clean.

Be sure to listen at soft volumes as well as loud to find a good balance in the mix.

Rythm guitars sound a bit scooped. Drums are a bit weak-sounding, they could have more thump and kick to them. No nits regarding performance.
Good tune.

Back