Mic stand suggestions for heavy mics?

jasonlam1995

I have 2 Rode NT2As and they are very heavy for normal mic stands, and I intend to use them to record grand pianos so they will be at angles. So I need suggestions for stands that are able to hold this kind of heavy mics at angles and not sag?

Thanks very much!

You can pay a small fortune for pro stands, you could try buying a good quality stand make sure it has a good locking mechanism on the arm or better still has the serrated type you find on cymbal stands and add weights to the base if you need....IMG_0090.JPG

I needed a heavy mic stand to support a large reflection filter, and this really did hte trick for me:

Post Audio AS-5 Super Heavy Duty Mic Stand

I got it from Amazon.com.

I have 2 Rode NT2As and they are very heavy for normal mic stands, and I intend to use them to record grand pianos so they will be at angles. So I need suggestions for stands that are able to hold this kind of heavy mics at angles and not sag?

Thanks very much!

Latch Lake MicKing 1100

IMG_3653_zps15d1f8bd.jpg

That is a *heavy* mic. and the lady is 5' 8" tall, to give you an idea of height.

The MicKing 1100 is a heavy, superbly engineered, stand that will take a very heavy mic. without droop - I have actually seen, at a show, a bar with about 5 heavy mics. all supported by a single stand without any droop at all.

I have one and am delighted.

Latch Lake MicKing 1100

View attachment 93486

That is a *heavy* mic. and the lady is 5' 8" tall, to give you an idea of height.

The MicKing 1100 is a heavy, superbly engineered, stand that will take a very heavy mic. without droop - I have actually seen, at a show, a bar with about 5 heavy mics. all supported by a single stand without any droop at all.

I have one and am delighted.

And if it starts to slip you can get the lady to hold it up :thumbs up:

Back