mic stand and porta-booth don't want to work together

C-SLIKK

i have a smaller room where im recording, so room echoing is barely an issue, but i still want to acoustic my room just to turn "barely" into "not".

i recently bought some auralex studiofoam and a regular shipping box to build myself a DIY version of the harlan hogans porta booth.

only problem is i cant figure out a way to get the portabooth to balance on the mic stand properly to where its not interupting the mic.

would you guys suggest to put the microphone in a corner of my room, and put studio foam in the corner of the room where the microphone would be? or should i keep the microphone in the middle of my room and figure out a way to get the portabooth on the mic stand?

ps - i typed this at work as quick as possible, i apologize if any of it is confusing or unclear.

i guess my main question out of all of this was would putting the studio foam in the corner of a room to match the height of the microphone work as well as having the portabooth attached to my mic stand?

think Realtraps Portable Vocal Booth's V Shape sorrounding the mic, just with the mic in the corner of a room and the studio foam pinned against the wall.

untitled

that's the layout of my room.

im thinking something like that.

ive been researching "corner recording" for the past hour now and most sites recommend recording in a corner of a room if youre in a bedroom recording vocals.

Back