mic pre - mixer help?

adiobox

OK, so this may be dumb but here goes. I have a focusrite saffier pro 40 and I'm getting the ISA one. I'm wondering if I get an analog mixer will I be able to run output from the Mic pre to an auxiliary send on the mixer, then to the channels I deem fit. From that point run each channel out into the pro 40 interface. I'm asking because I'd like to be able to use the ISA on my drum kit, but a little held back by 1 channel. Its probably a dumb question.... actually, I'm pretty sure its a dumb question. But even if so... is there anyway to utilize the preamp to get it on more than 1 drum?

Signal goes out of the aux send of a mixer, not into it. Besides, it's a preamp meant to amplify the weak signal of a microphone up to line level. It's not an effect that you add to bunch of channels like a reverb. If you want the sound of the preamp on all your drums then you'll have to record them one at a time.

ughh... ok, well i get pretty decent drum tracks anyways. and yea, i knew it was a dumb question. i guess if i want all my drums on that pre i will have to buy like 7 more lol

Back