Mic Modeler Demo

CMiller

Hey guys I remember seeing the Antares Mic Modeler come up in conversation and so I thought I should tell you that they've got a free 10 day trial period for this thing right now. So if it is as intriguing to you as it is to me, you should probably download it. They've now got VST/MOTU/Direct X versions as well as the original TDM flavor. I think they have a 10 day demo of the Auto Tune for those of us who haven't played with this little nugget. I'd be curious to see what everyone thinks of this Mic Modeling stuff once they've checked it out. I'm extremely skeptical, but I supposed it's worth playing with for a week or so.
http://www.antares-systems.com/downloads/#Mic Modeler

I should've mentioned that the MOTU/VST and TDM versions are Mac only. The Direct X is Windows.

Anyone used this much yet? I haven't had time but I would guess it is awesome, as it is by Antares. Just curious..
MIKE

I tried to use it, but I only have SF XP ... which I don't think let's me use plug ins. I can't get it to work. God forbid I should read a manual! ;)

I find it to be a very interesting program. It would be nice to actually make a comparison with an acutal mic against its' replication. I do like the program but can't find a price on it anywhere. Emailed the company but haven't received a reply yet.

OK, I admit it ... I know nothing about installing this plug in. I'm using SF XP and have already scratched numerous holes in my head trying to figure this out. If it can't be done with this program, someone please save me from myself. :)
Thanks!

Another thing that y'all might wanna consider is that Sonic Foundry has Shure Mic impulses available to download for free but of course, this will only be useful if you have Acoustic Mirror.

Back