mic -> echo gina 24

waverz

Just got a brand new Sure SM57 with brand new cable. Tried recording and im getting a very weak signal. The recoding levels are cranked, i dont know what im doing wrong. I should be able to run mic right inot line in on gina correct?? Why am i getting such a weak signal?? Am i losing signal due to the the XLR -> 1/4" setup?? Anyone got any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

Waverz

you need some sort of preamp....

the Gina's inputs are line level, so youll need something to bring the microphones signal there.....

Resurrected

I am thinking about the same thing here. Is it possible to send the mic through an external mixing board (my live board for instance) and then out to the audio card?

Would that be "enough" to bring the mic up to line level?

duh...should have known.

Now im looking for a decently priced 8 channel mic pre-amp with phantom power and adat out to run into my Gina. Any suggestions???

Re: Resurrected

Kirk Slossar said:
I am thinking about the same thing here. Is it possible to send the mic through an external mixing board (my live board for instance) and then out to the audio card?

Would that be "enough" to bring the mic up to line level?

Yes, running a mic through your baord gives you the line level you need for going into your card.

Back