Mic Cables

matt_barlow

They often get overlooked but are very important. They are mic cables. What you say is the best mic cable for under $20 for 10 feet. I am about to purchase several things and I figured I would get me a few decent cables while I am at it. Thanks in advance, Matt

you must start making cables

markertek.com

i would have saved hundreds of dollars if i wasnt afraid to make cables at first.

you can make a great 10 foot cable for about $10. about as good as any you would buy, even that overpriced monster bullshit crap cable waste of money.

spend $100 at markertek and you will have a very nice supply of all sorts of cables, and set up a soldering station in front of the TV and go for it.

Hotwired.com will make them for you also for a great price. I got a 40 foot cable (Mogami, Neutrik, etc.) for around $50. Hard to beat. I also have the Kiwi's, I recommend both.

40 foot cable at markertek

40 cents a foot for mogami= 16.00 for 40 feet

two gold contact neutrik xlr cable ends 2.75 each so about 5.50.

lets add for shipping and you are talking about an amazing cable for $25. half the cost of getting it made.

dudleys100 said:
Hey eeldip, how hard is it to make them? and how would I learn.

Go to markertek, buy canare or mogami cable(I prefer Canare, but mogomi is good), and Neutrik or switchcraft connectors. I prefer nuetrik. then get online here and we will teach you.

I recomend getting a decent soldering iron...I prefer the butane ones....No cord, better temp control...

Get the solder with lead in it. Your not going to be doing enough soldering to worry about lead...and it just works better. Rosin core solder with lead...important.

Back