Metronome setup with dual sound cards

dctoms

I'm using a Delta 1010lt as my primary sound card but want to use my SBLive! card for the Midi metronome since the delta doesn't play midi. I've inserted a midi track and set the I/O to omni/sb live and don't get anything. How should this be set up so that the SBLive! ticks the metronome but sends all the audio (including the metronome tick) out the Delta?

dctoms,

When you set your output to the SB Live MIDI Out, you are not sending an audio signal, but MIDI data. You need to do 1 of 2 things. Firstly, instead of sending it to the SB MIDI OUT, send it to the MIDI Synth. Or if you have set up a click track, just insert the Edirol VSC as the output and route it through your Delta, meaning the SB doesn't come into play (literally) :-).

Porter

What Porter said :)

I have a same setup (with SB Live! and Delta 1010LT). SB Live! is great MIDI card, you can use for MIDI thingee. Just set the MIDI out to SB Live! synth A, and use it as metronome. FYI, SB Live! port goes to MIDI/Joystick connection, so you won't hear anything unless you hook synth/keyboard into it.

;)
Jaymz

Back