Metering Question

PDP

There once was a note
I recently downloaded this Free compressor,Molot03.jpg works surprisingly well. My question is that when you change the preset to mixbuss or premaster (buss) the VU meter works the other way around. In other words it acts like an output meter rather than showing the amount of reduction. How do you know how much your compressing/reducing ?

Mmmmm....I would think all you need to do is flip the "switch" next to the meter from Input to GR (gain reduction).

I dunno....without trying it, hard to tell, and who know how they coded it.
Can you ask the devs?

Yeah, I have tried that comp. Sounded quite good actually.

Yes, the presets can change the setting of the 'simulated' VU meter to input from gain reduction. Flick the virtual switch! :)

I wouldn't take it so far as a recommendation for free mastering plugins to members here, but it is a decent buss or channel compressor.

I tried it out and had really good results, but that was before I made the choice to purchase plugs from vendors that give support for their software when I started making a buck or two.

That sounded like I was being a dick. I didn't mean it that way. I just gave up on discrepancies between software and causes of crashes due to 'free' software. Many free plugs have the chance of screwing up your shiz. I just can't take that chance anymore myself.

The Density MKII is another good free comp plug that I would also recommend. I still hear about others who use it professionally. It is one of the good ones that are free-source.

It is more about what any tool works for whatever you use it for. I myself can't play with much free stuff anymore, because I run a business with my system. It kind of sucks, because I would love to try out new free software. I just can't take the chance anymore.. :(

Ok, I didn't think of that. You can take it down, if its not in the forums best interest, no problem.

Back