Metal Mixed with KRK's. Check it out!

very very very cool! kinda reminds me of hatebreed a little.
the vocals at 1:06 are kinda annoying though. but thats just my personal opinion on that vocal, i usually dont like high pitched vocals in my metal.

its good to hear some actual metal! that super hard core unintelligible screamo stuff gets very old very fast.

it almost seems to me that some of the kicks are off a little at the beginning and the snare could stand to come up a little and it sounds a little muffled... like all the highs have been cut or something but maybe thats the sound you were going for. but all in all, its good clear mix and im really digging the song (except those vocals from 1:06 to 1:27 they just dont seem to fit).

Cool piece man!
Just the right amount of power, although I feel that the bass could use some low end to make the thing more monstrous. Guitars sound super good. How did you record them? Some more definition in the snare could help too, it sounds very compressed. But if that's what you intended, then it's cool. Nice work!

Joey :):):):)

sure, we used a dual tone, one amp was treadplate dual and the other was line 6 spinal puppet. both with the screamer pedal with gain up more than half. Almost all mids cut in the amps and highs all the way up. also have a noise gate and compressor on both. and bass on the amps up a little more than half.

Yeah, man. I have the KRK Rokit 8 monitors, too. They seem like great monitors to me.

Anyway, as everyone has said, the guitars sound fantastic. I also think you did a *really* nice job on your kicks. You could work on a bit of timing, but you're very close to getting clockwork, there. Yeah.... Your kicks sound great. Nice fat sound.

Now, your snare... What happened there, bro? The snare sounds like you draped a blanket over it. Very muffled. I wanna hear it snap! Especially when the rest of the instruments sound quite good.

Keep it up. Someday I'll post one of mine when I get the backbone. :)

Thanks, yeah im gonna try to fix the snare. These monitors are really great. sooner or later im gonna try to get the sub for it.

Back