Metal Mix, good enough for real cd? Check it out!

OK.

Open your file. Play on WMplayer using graph bars visualization

Cue up the graphic equalizer.

Set the freqs like this:

31Hz +9

62Hz +7

125Hz 0

250Hz +3

500Hz +5

2kHz 0

4kHz -4

8kHz +1

16kHz +6

Then listen real loud.....the bottom will be broken up [drop kick thing]....but the energy you sapped out of the bottom, mids, and +12k will be put back. Go back and forth from reset to 'custom' in the drop box..A/B the two EQ profiles. I think you'll get the pic.

Way heavy on the 4k band...which is making yer guitars sound fuzzy and gutless.

Big scoop at 500-ish and down low are killing the drive.

And the air is replaced with the 16k band...cymbals crash and sizzle!

I like this quick fix......boom boom. Got the balls back. And I can hear the time subdivision on the hats.

Fix the EQ! [with a little more precision that what I just did...individual trax and/or overall spectrum].

I like the tune. Interesting. But it's a much better listen for me with the EQ reset like I did.

I'm still listening to the tune with my thumbnail fix. Kicks ass. I listened before, and kinda said "Meh"...had no impact. But since you axed, I figured I'd try to hear why.

Bear in mind that my readjustment a radical, hack and slash tweak...but it showcases the potential in the mix [which is real good] and raises me heart rate.

Kicks ass!

Still listening. An observation:

The drop bass whatever is clipping radically. But it's like I'm listening to you guys live...and you clip the house system and my ears with a 140 db transient. Lends some realism! The only really bad effect of the adjustment is that the guits are a little strong @500-ish. Other than that, my ears and pulse are telling me this sucker is CD ready...distortion and all...with the hack and slash EQ adjustment.

Still diggin' it.

ya it does give it alot of balls. but seems like a little to much bass for me. lol. But i cant really tell right now since im in my room and not in my studio with my krks.

Might just be my stereo in my room. Ill have to eq the track in the studio and see the difference. But ya those metal bands do some very similar to the mix we did. Thanks for the help i probably wouldn't of noticed how thin the mix was untill u pointed it out!

OK.

Open your file. Play on WMplayer using graph bars visualization

Cue up the graphic equalizer.

Set the freqs like this:

31Hz +9

62Hz +7

125Hz 0

250Hz +3

500Hz +5

2kHz 0

4kHz -4

8kHz +1

16kHz +6

Yep. That made a huge difference. It was sounding thin for such hard rock :cool:

Sounds good. Your drummer has slight timing issues here and there, which give the song an unpolished feel. These can be fixed by nudging the portions of the track(s) on the timeline.

Guitars sound good from my KRK's, but I'm not a guitar guy.

Back