Mesa Dual Rectifier Problem

discordJF

I have owned a Dual Rectifier 100 watt solo head for about 4 years now. I'm getting pretty sick of the sounds that I'm getting and it's limitations. My main problem with the amp is that when I'm playing with a band, it doesn't cut through. I've even added an Alesis graphic eq and a BBE sonic maximiser to my rig. The sound is much better but it still doesn't cut through. Don't get me wrong, the rectifier is the greatest sounding amp in the world when you sitting by yourself with no band and it's cranked. Also, I can't stand the clean and lead sounds that I'm getting. I guess I'm looking for a more marshall-sounding type amp. To help my problem, I was wondering if I should either modify the amp (use a different kind of tubes) or just invest in a new rig that would suit what I'm trying to do (I play in a metal/hardrock band). I've been looking into VHT amps, specifically the Pittbull, and the Mesa Triaxis. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've played with the amp in every possible configuration. Some settings are better than others, but none of them are good enough. I get a more prominant sound that cuts through the band when I play with a crappy Marshal at a rehearsal studio.

Well the good news is that you should be able to get a good price for the Mesa. Good Luck.

mesa;'s are hard to tweak, but when you find em yummie!!! considering you have 'm for 4 years... you don't like the mesa sound i guess. you 'll get a killer deal though...

guhlenn

Back