Memphis Honky Tonk

GONZO-X

Memphis Honky Tonk:
I went down to Beale Street back in the 80’s, and it always hit me that Memphis was as legit a music vortex as anywhere else in the world. Marty, Johnny, Joni, and Jerry too… they still got the blues. Marty was in Johnny cash’s band and played in memphis, Joni Mitchell wrote ‘furry sings the blues’ about a beale street artist, Jerry Lee Lewis recorded at Sun Records, they all had ties with Memphis, and this song is my nod to them.

Sounds great here. Nice balance. If I dig deep for something to improve, I'd maybe add some weight to the snare, and there's something not quite right with the tambourine - jumps out of the mix a bit. Very minor. Great job overall.

I like the way you layered the guitars. The only weird thing I heard was in the solo right at the 1:50 mark. Its got a weird garbled kind of sound. I'm guessing it was by design, but it was different from the other guitars.

Great tune, as usual.

I like the way you layered the guitars. The only weird thing I heard was in the solo right at the 1:50 mark. Its got a weird garbled kind of sound. I'm guessing it was by design, but it was different from the other guitars.

Great tune, as usual.
I hear that from 1:48 - 1:53

Sounds great here. Nice balance. If I dig deep for something to improve, I'd maybe add some weight to the snare, and there's something not quite right with the tambourine - jumps out of the mix a bit. Very minor. Great job overall.
hi NL5!
thanks for listening
yea, those suggestions are the kinds of things that drive people into caves.... heheh,
they go crazy, and have to go live in a cave!
i'll tell you, i have so many snares to chose from, and sometimes i'll eq them where they sound great with the kick, or the bass, and then somehow, they lose their weight...
probably because of frequency masking, that i can't hear on my cheapy monitors.

Great tune, as usual.
thanks for listening talisman!

you know, i've heard weird stuff happen from soundcloud....
like their streaming lost bandwidth or something,
depends on how much traffic is on the site at one time,
but i cannot get that moment that you heard to happen on my playback today.
it's not there.
and it's not there on my master files.
weird.

This is the section I hear. Shows up most with my headphones. Its the only part that sounds like that.

View attachment 108205
the only thing i hear there, is when i step on the vibe pedal

still, i may take that particular file down, and re-establish it, could be a simple soundcloud we're gonna phuck with your perfectly good file and mess with it a bit kind of thing. :)

OK, that's probably it. I mentioned that it might be by design. If you were running the vibe pedal, that could do it. I've got a Deja Vibe and when it runs fast, it gets that type of sound.

Back