Melodic Speed\Thrash Metal Instr.

WeeWoo

My playing is not as tight as I would like it to be, I don't feel that it really flows very well, and some of the drum programming is questionable. Needless to say there is room for improvement but I gave it my all and this is the result.

Mixing wise, the drums don't sound like I wanted them too, you can hear them but I don't think they sit very well

Re-upping

Last edited:
Well it's not terrible, it just needs some improvement in a couple of key areas.

The guitar tone is just a bit too fizzy IMO. If that was what you were going for than by all means, ignore this. But otherwise, I would recommend increasing the mids on this track. If you recorded via a mic, push the mic to the outside of the speaker more.

The drums sound sort of dry, I think they need just a little more reverb.

As far as the song goes, I'm not really into black metal so I don't know what to compare this too, but you mentioned "emphasis on the melodies" in the description, and I didn't really hear any melodies aside from the clean section. In fact, if I was to site the one thing this song lacked, it was a sense of melodic direction. It seems like each riff didn't really have much of a connection to every other riff. TBH, it just sounds a bit forced. It has some potential, but it needs to be re-worked, and I would suggest possibly cutting and changing some riffs so that way you can create a sense of progression from section to section. That's important, especially for an instrumental.

I wasen't really going for black metal, I am not really sure whats black metal about it. In anycase I was aiming for something along the lines of Kataklysm or At the Gates which are melodic death bands.

Yeah the guitar tone sucks, but i wasn't expecting much in this department cheap amp cheap dist pedal.

And I think it lack flow and descent transition between the riffs, although I did try to have the riffs share something in common.

Back