Melodic hardrock...a mix of old and new

It's a really cool song. You're going to lose a lot of listeners by having such a long intro and on top of that it doesn't really have much going on. Nothing spectacular enough to keep people listening. Not to be rude, but it just sounds old style. I don't hear anything new style lol.

It sounds like queens rich or something, but good playing and performance. :thumbs up:

Thanks for listening Phil....not rude at all. I understand exactly what you are saying. I've stayed away from doing the old school rock for many years, but in this last year I've come to embrace it again. I thought the chorus was more numetal.....more modern....how's the mix? Anything lacking?

yorgo. I agree with Phil. Keep the intro short and sweet. Long intros make the listener loose interest REALLY fast. My wifi connection is crap right now and won't let me listen to the song. The HomeRecording site is one of the lightest weight sites out there and will load with even the slowest of data speeds, but no audio or video 'til tomorrow, I'm afraid. I'll listen to it tomorrow and give you more feedback.

I like the tune. Intro reminded me of Dave Gilmour. On headphones so can't offer any mix advice. Guitars sound good, excellent performances. Vocals are real good too. Nice job

The intro didn't add much in my opinion. I liked the track once it got going. Good job on the vocals. I thought they could have been a bit louder. There's a part around 2:20 when the shifts into a quieter mood. But the drum track keeps right on chugging. Sounded kind of odd. Good song.

Very cool. Love old 80's-90's rock. You nailed it in that regards. Agree on intro...it sounds good, but a little long and really doesn't go with the rest of the song. I would cut it in half at least.

There is something about the main beat during the verses that sounds off. I can't put my finger on it, but, to me, something is not jiving with it. It almost sounds rushed. Maybe if I listen to it more I can figure it out.

Regardless, love the song...you guys did a good job with it.

Thanks for listening Phil....not rude at all. I understand exactly what you are saying. I've stayed away from doing the old school rock for many years, but in this last year I've come to embrace it again. I thought the chorus was more numetal.....more modern....how's the mix? Anything lacking?

I'm really bad with giving mixing advice. I'm better at hearing performances issues or weirdness that needs to be addressed. The thing is it's hard for me to tell people what needs to be done to their song as far as mixing goes because it's all personal preference with me. There's a lot of guys here who know exactly what you should do with the mix though :thumbs up:

Yes, you guys are absolutely correct about the intro being too long. Orginally I had it start from the piano, but self indulgence got the better of me lol. Believe me my song history, I usually get to the chorus by the first minute. most songs are under 4 minutes, but, ya know.
Brutish....yes I know what you mean and I couldn't put my finger on it either. I think it may be the hi hat. My drummer had a hell of a time with it.
Thanks again for listening and the kind words as gives me more confidence in my singing. Cheers

Regarding the intro, I dug it. So what if it was a bit long. This is not the how to write a hit song forum.

Lets face it, most have a snowball in hell's chance of getting a hit tune placed.
We should just concentrate on making music.
Why not bring back the 5 minute song? As long as its a good tune, the length of the intro or song shouldn't matter.

The intro did remind me of Gilmour.

Where I had issue was going from a Gilmour Vibe to Queensryche. Both stellar on thier own, but shouldnt be sharing a stage or the same song.

Mix wise the drums sounded a bit like cardboard.

Overall, cool.
:thumbs up:

I listened again and changed my mind about the intro. It belongs there. This song rocked from start to finish. Two suggestions. The vocals get overly loud in the chorus and could sit better. At the very end where gets raucus the overall volume of the track increased a lot. Could be mastered to stop that.

Ok, ok. Time to eat crow.

First listen was on my phone.

2nd and third listens were in my studio running it through various speakers. Semi cranked.

Verdict? Love it. The intro which I liked before, but seemed out of place now belonged. I think hearing the piano better helped.

It blows my mind how much this sounds like a Queensryche song to me. They gotta be one of your influences. :D

Vocals are great.

My only nits are the transition between the intro to the song. It seems a bit sudden. If there was a bit of space, and then the song kicked in, that would sound better......to me.
Second, the drums. They still sound like cardboard. I wanna hear BIG!

Other than that, this tune is an all around winner to my ears.

:thumbs up:

thanks Robus....The song is mastered. There is a bit of a jump but only because the intensity jumps with the double kick, china cymbal and addition of the lead at the end, but the meters are pretty steady.

RFR. thank god you listened on real speakers. I agree sometimes you just need to self indulge and create...as long as it not too much. Am I queensryche fan? Sure but not huge fan. They are an influence like a lot from that era....Actually I have a song coming up that is a dedication to them. Original song, but I am trying sound like them. I've done a few like that of other bands....
https://soundcloud.com/fernando-t-5/go-1
this a van halen one. A friend sang on it. The recording could be better. It was done a few years ago before I went computer recording. but you'll get the idea..
The drums...yes. What a fight I have had with them... As soon as distorted guitars get involved the drums seem to suffer.... Still working on it...
thanks again for listening guys.

Back