mellowin out

a three chord song/musical thought, converted to 4 chords. Some nice riffing, I suppose. Is there a plan for this song/idea?

The bass is kinda simplistic...
the drums are kinda simplistic....
the pno is kinda simplistic...and I suppose doesn't jump out because it is occupying the same space as the *shred* gtr. and fuzz rhy gtr, AND being drowned out at the same time.

However....I would take this "idea" and use it as a long-ish style intro to a song, and start some vocals at 1:16. Otherwise, I would classify it as a musical "idea"....

oh it is an 'idea'. it's gonna serve as an intro to the tune i had originally anticipated on working on today but just couldn't get the groove. It just ain't my day... and I'm still waiting for my bass.
The three chords fall nicely into the A aolian mode and will be used to launch a more progressive higher octane tune .. that I made a couple of weeks ago (the one i wanted to work on today). Anyway thanks for the feedback .. i suppose i should get back to the drawing board.

tvaillan,

Excellent guitar work! I liked it a lot. Nice instrumental. If this is an intro, I cant wait to hear the rest.

cool.

later.

NICE.

NIce playing. Nice melody. I think the kick and bass sounds need some work.

Which is the piano? The arpeggios?

I think the mix is fine. Cohererent, musical. I get the idea and nothing stands out, which is the aim of a good mix. Its basically invisible and all I hear is the awesome music

well i was kind of at a loss musically when i laid down the tracks for this thing... but turns out it's gonna serve very well for a 6 minute epic/instrumental prog tune i'm working on.... it's in the same mode...but there's a key shift in the middle .. blah blah ..

You see, i force myself to make music .. i don't plan ahead too much.. and i don't like recording the same thing twice. it's always improv. (and i'm sure it shows. You can say i like it raw. lol.)

the piano? If you can call it that .. It's just chords .. no arps. Am, FM, GM chords... i can't play piano very well .. i can just play m,M and dim triads on standard modes.

Thanks for the feedback . Maybe next time I'll have something a little more polished for you guys.

I'll work on the kick and bass sound as soon as I get home.

Not bad at all tvalian, agree with all previous posts regarding the bass and drums, seem a little stale and predictable. Would make for a great sex scene in a Don Johnson-style sex scene for just those reasons though. All in all, I think if it was part of what you're talkin, it should work good. Keep it up bro!

Laj

Check my mellow stuff out if you get a sec.
http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43216

Back