meeting with Syntrillium founder

homestudio1

Guys,

I spent 20 minutes with the founder of Syntrillium, Steve Johnston at the recent NAMM show in Anaheim. An updated release will be available in April, which will resolve some of bugs, including the Looping No Gaps glitch. He also didn't know about this forum. He'll have his support guys monitor it for unanswered questions.

They were giving out CDs with sample sessions with tricks and tips, as well as drum loops and samples. Feel free to e-mail me if you want to a copy.

He explained his company is growing steadily which would indicate CE is not dead. I also spent some time at the Cakewalk booth. In my view, CE2 blows away Sonar in terms of user friendlyness and functionality.

"He explained his company is growing steadily which would indicate CE is not dead."

Not dead? No, not even close. Don't go paying attention to stupid thread titles in this forum. There was a poll at this site a while ago in which Cool Edit turned out to be the most used software of all the major recording/editing softwares. That was before 2.0 came out, and 2.0 is even better than 1.2.

But question time: Is Johnson the founder of Syntrillium, or the one who put 1.2 together? Or both?

Hey, that's great...
Meeting someone who had helped us alot in doing music/audio. I'll be waiting thru April. Anyway, I dissagree with blowing away SONAR. CEP2 still doesn't handle MIDI. However, it's my most favorite audio editor. Try couple it with SONAR, both end up as a winner... ;)

James

homestudio1 said:
Guys,

I spent 20 minutes with the founder of Syntrillium, Steve Johnston...

???... I thought his name was David Johnson?

BTW I'm referring to the guy that wrote the application itself.

clarification

Pundit,

I looked at his business card - you're correct. Actually, he is 50% owner handling all the programming side of the business. His partner, who wasn't there, handles the numbers side.

Argo,

Granted, my vision may be limited because I don't do midi. So in terms of recording analog instruments and vocals to .wav files in multritrack mode, CE2 wins in my view.

Johnson also mentioned that the cracked version actually works to their benefit by expanding exposure. There are no plans to insert code that disables distribution of unlicensed versions. Actually, he seemed to take pride in the fact that his software is good enough to generate a demand for a cracked version.

In my view and experience in CEP2, I found it works great with MIDI tracks why?

Firstly, When recording each and every instrument from Digital Orchestrator Plus to CEP2 I can take each instrument and better it's sound by using CEP's Graphic EQ's, Compression, Volume, Reverb, Echo etc... Then after I have everything perfect as I want it, I just do a Mixdown.

I use CEP2 a lot as a performing musician and if you'd like to see some of the music I do on stage, simply go to my website at: http://www.geocities.com/bigandyg and you'll see some of the stuff I did in the past, mind you though, I'm upgrading my rep' for this new year and just started doing heeps of R'n'R.

Without CEP2, I don't think I would have been able to do the things with midi files that I can do now. The finished product doesn't even sound like a midi file by the time I burn my backing on CD for live performances.

I take my hat off to the makers of Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and congratulate them for a job well done and have lots of respect for the programmers as I to am a programmer but more on the database side of things and voice recognition.

using CEP live

Hey, Aussi, I want to see your site. I do the same i.e. backup tracks on CEP2 while playing live.

What is your site address one more time?

MrMusicAu said:
I stuffed up again!

Never mind, I think you know what I mean LOL
Might I interest you in the "EDIT" button in the lower right hand corner of your post. LOL. Works like a charm for the first few hours after a post.

I wish there was an "EDIT" button in real life. I could look like a GENIUS if I could go back and fix all the stupid shit that I say.

:D

BTW - I don't care if Johnson is flattered or not, stealing software is wrong.

Sarcastically yours,
Peter Quistgard

chrisharris said:
Might I interest you in the "EDIT" button in the lower right hand corner of your post. LOL. Works like a charm for the first few hours after a post.

Hey Peter,

That just might work you know :D I keep wondering why I keep missing these things ;)

Sarcastically yours,
Andrew (Big Andy). :D

Back