Media Explorer

spantini

COO of me, inc.
Well, I've been messin' around with building a drumkit in ReaSamplomatic5000 and it's an incredibly versatile program. I took a break for a few weeks and when I got back into it I had forgotten a few moves, so I re-watched Kenny's Part I video - that refreshed my memory.

Now, I picked up on something I hadn't made use of the first time around.. from the top menu bar Kenny opened View, then selected Media Explorer to access his sample library. Previously, I had not used this, I used the Browse feature which seemed to work ok. But the thing that caught my attention was using Media Explorer allowed samples to be auditioned before selection - Browse doesn't. So I decided to give Media Explorer a try.

So I open Media Explorer and access to my PC is severely restricted. There were some Reaper files there but not what I wanted. I have my PC set up for two users; me as Administrator, and a second, single non-Admin User. I run Reaper from and store all of my libraries on the Admin side. I was in Reaper on the Admin side when I opened Media Explorer but there was no access to the Admin side libraries.

I copied the filepath to the correct files and tried pasting it into Media Explorers address bar.. but it would not allow that.. no Paste option in the right-click menu. I had to manually enter the filepath in the address bar, then it opened the files. Then I had to create a shortcut from that which would appear in the directory tree to the left - that wold allow future selection and access.

One nice thing is after closing Reaper, then reopening it, then opening Media Explorer, it opens on the folder last accessed, which in my case is my Samples folder. Since I'll probably never open another folder there this works perfectly for me.

...I copied the filepath to the correct files and tried pasting it into Media Explorers address bar.. but it would not allow that.. no Paste option in the right-click menu. I had to manually enter the filepath in the address bar, then it opened the files...
As I was talking about this in the Reaper forums I was reminded that Control+C/V will Paste in this situation - and it does.. I verified. I never use it so I never think about it when I need it.. 😐

Back