meager studio (6x10) in the works - pict's online

Shazukura

I've posted some picts of my "studio" and gear at my website (I also spent the day revamping the website, so it's easier to navigate.) You'll notice it's sorta small, so if I need to break out more than one mic at a time things get hairy. It'll get really interesting if I start having other musicians over :)

-Shaz

http://www.pobox.com/~whichcraft

I like your desk..... looks like one of the made-for-studio table...

shouldn't you be putting your monitors on both side of the table?

Actually, when I'm playing the keys (or mixing), my head is between 4.5 and 5.5 feet from the Mackies, which provides a very nice stereo seperation - it's true, I pick up more room noise this way, I suppose, but I didn't want the left-side Mackie right up next to the computer monitor either, because I think those reflections would be worse; I am still messing around with how I want to arrange everything too, however. (the Mackies on the desk itself might blow me away, but I am toying with the idea of the PC monitor on a speaker stand behind the desk....we'll see.)

-Shaz

That's nice Shaz. Did you draw out that production sketch of your motif yourself? It's pretty sweet. I see a monitor, so what kind of 'puter are you running?

hokypokynose,

The "sketch" was done with Photoshop tricks. The PC is a Sony Viao (pcv-rx465ds) but I am seriously considering ventilating it with a shotgun and replacing it with a Mac at this point (or at least as soon as I have the headroom on one of my credit cards, lol)

-Shaz

Shazukura said:
hokypokynose,

The "sketch" was done with Photoshop tricks. The PC is a Sony Viao (pcv-rx465ds) but I am seriously considering ventilating it with a shotgun and replacing it with a Mac at this point (or at least as soon as I have the headroom on one of my credit cards, lol)

-Shaz

Keedokee. Photoshop is the stuff. In fact it's double stuffed. I'm seriously thinking about a mac as well. My Microsoft slave PC is a home built. I guess that makes me God doesn't it? Oh well. Too much work and pulled out hair(thank God I'm still young and it grows back(that won't last long will it)) to kill it. I'll probably combine my music and gaming computer to make a really good one(for Windows based at least) for just Gaming and scrap the rest for money to spend on my studio. Maybe I can give it to charity or something(I don't know if that would be a good thing or bad).

Back