Md 441

fazil

I just bought a used MD 441, for 175€ !!
I tried it out this morning, and it really kicks ass, espacially on toms, snare and git amp. Compared it with my sm57 and there's really a world wide difference. It does have a very low output tough, not that the noise is dominant, but it does give some more noise as I have to cranck up the gain a bit. Is this a common thing with those mics ?
I bought it from a second hand music store, who bought them from a PA company, they had four of them, so it's a not some guy selling his broken mic.

greetz,

fazil said:
Compared it with my sm57 and there's really a world wide difference. greetz,

Amen Brother! But then, everything sounds better than a 57.

The 441 is my second favorite mic, tied with my U195 really. It just plain works well for a lot of stuff, almost everything. Very low gain, indeed... almost makes you think its broken but thats the nature of the beast. Best dynamic in the world. Wait til you try it on a singer when it fits like a glove, you'll crap your panties.

Best used mic for the money. If you ever sell it, look me up.

Peace
Paul

The 441 is absolutely one of the best dynamics ever. I used two of them on saxes lately and again the mics amazed me.

It's a super cardioid, but the of axis response is so great, bleed into that mic sounds even very good.

The mic is very expensive (new), but worth every penny/cent.

Back