MBox 2 anyone??

kurtteej

Does anyone out there have/use the MBox2 with ProTools LE?

I'd love to hear about some experiences, as well as information about your computer setup. I've got [actually] 2 MBox 2s with PT/LE coming and I'd like to know the best computer system to use it with. I know there are definite Mac heads vs. PC heads. I'd like to hear both good and bad stories about your experiences.

The main purpose of this equipment is to put together a radio show and a podcast series. There will be periodic "live" in-studio recordings, but that will be limited to "unplugged" performances.

Thanks in advance.

bennychico11 said:
what's you reasoning for getting two Mbox models?
just curious

well i actually got 3 -- we have 2 studios (one in the office and one in my publishers home, I also have one, but my hardware is solid). I also got 1 to give away as a prize for an event that my company is putting on.

can I win your contest?? :D

to answer your question...I run PT on a PC. I don't use the Mbox, but my setup runs fine on PC (despite criticism that PCs can't run Pro Tools).
There are limitations in Windows itself that doesn't allow you to do certain things in Pro Tools...but there are ways around that (ie. layout of the windows, importing audio files by drag and drop...unless they've corrected that in the latest version that is out).

However, the G5s are pretty standard when it comes to recording. Many engineers just like their layouts and reliability. Personally I think it comes down to what you're more comfortable using.

-B

Back