Maybe it's stupid but...

theForgotten

Maybe it's stupid but i have to ask.What is the best note for Hi-Hat,Kick and Snare?For example when you making hi-hat in Fruity Loops in Piano Roll you can set up from which note hi-hat to play.Please help me with the best notes for Kick , Snare and Hi-Hat.Thanks and long live!

I would have to say generally if you can adhere to the General MIDI (GM) Standard then do it. That way it is more freely, reassignble (i.e. you decide to replace you samples with a soft-synth drum machine, or an old GM compatible hardware unit, etc.). If you need more flexibility then expand on the GM setup, and if do shake things up later on, you'll only have a minimal amount of work to do then remapping an entire drumset. Look here for the GM mappings http://www.midi.org/about-midi/gm/gm1sound.shtml#percussion Note: Here is given the note numbers not note names.

First thanks for the posts.At the start I make whole song in midi in Guitar Pro 4.There I can set everything.Then I export *.gp4 in midi and import in Sonar 3 Producer Edition and export every part of the song in *.wav using Sonar's Edirol and Groove Agent VSTi for drums.Other way is to import midi in Fruity Loops and piano roll to the hihat and set the hi-hat's note.My question is:What are the best notes for hi-hat , snare and kick to sound realistic because as you know lot of professional musicians tune their drums for example listen to guns n' roses with Matt Sorum.

My 2 cents - if your samples don't already sound realistic, tuning them isn't generally going to help.

Back