May be a dumb question about MR8HD

aceteleman

I have an MR8HD and one thing I can't seem to figure out is the fact that after I've erased some tracks, for example, when I go back to choose the song again I have to choose another song first before it will go back to the song I'm working on. Is this something normal or am I missing a trick here??

Also I've noticed, even after erasing tracks, I still get bleed over from the previous tracks when I record something new on those tracks. How do I eliminate that?

erasing track data

are you using the process described in the manual on "Erasing Track Data"?

Note: You cannot erase track data of a song protected. You might want to check to see if you have the song protected.

are you using the process described in the manual on "Erasing Track Data"?

Note: You cannot erase track data of a song protected. You might want to check to see if you have the song protected.

Thanks for the reply. No the songs are not protected but some times when there's a silent spot from what I'm currently recording I can hear other stuff that was previously recorded in the background even after I've erased the track so not quite sure what's going on with that.

The MR-8 makes a copy of each track you record. When you erase that track, you have to go in and find the copy. The copy is for undo/redo function.

The MR-8 makes a copy of each track you record. When you erase that track, you have to go in and find the copy. The copy is for undo/redo function.

Thanks but that's a function I don't really use. I use the wav manager and transfer all record track to my computer for mixing and editing with Cakewalk Sonar Producer.... :cool:

Ok, where do I look for these tracks?

I moved all my tracks to my pc and now, using the wav manager, I cannot export those tracks back to the MR8. I can import newly recorded stuff but the stuff I have already saved won't export back. I get a pop up that say it 'Can't export song!'

Here's what I did, I put all the recorded data on my pc and then deleted the songs from the recorder. I wanted to redo a song that I have the tracks for on my pc and when I try to send them back to to recorder that's what I get. Why is that, any suggestions? Is there a way to undelete or restore what I've deleted? I sure don't want to start from scratch if I don't have to. Got a funny feeling that I screwed up the works somewhere along the line.

:mad:

Ok, where do I look for these tracks?

I moved all my tracks to my pc and now, using the wav manager, I cannot export those tracks back to the MR8. I can import newly recorded stuff but the stuff I have already saved won't export back. I get a pop up that say it 'Can't export song!'

Here's what I did, I put all the recorded data on my pc and then deleted the songs from the recorder. I wanted to redo a song that I have the tracks for on my pc and when I try to send them back to to recorder that's what I get. Why is that, any suggestions? Is there a way to undelete or restore what I've deleted? I sure don't want to start from scratch if I don't have to. Got a funny feeling that I screwed up the works somewhere along the line.

:mad:

Never mind, somebody done beat me with a dumbass stick or something. Somehow or another I had turned the 'protect' back on. No idea how I did that because it wasn't something I did on purpose. Go ahead and laff cuz I am. Sheeeit F'ar, what a dumbass I am sometime. I think I've had my head into this project for too many hours and need to watch a movie.

Back