Max. RAM?

I just want to absolutely clarify this. That Sandra software tells me:

Memory slots: 4
Max. installable gigs of RAM: 4 gig
Max. Module Size: 1 gig

The motherboard supports DDR and DD2. Two slots are for DDR and two for DDR2. I'm assuming the max. module size means each slot can only handle 1 gig each, which means I can only run a max of two gigs (since I can't run DDR and DDR2 at the same time of course). Am I right?

I just want to absolutely clarify this. That Sandra software tells me:

Memory slots: 4
Max. installable gigs of RAM: 4 gig
Max. Module Size: 1 gig

The motherboard supports DDR and DD2. Two slots are for DDR and two for DDR2. I'm assuming the max. module size means each slot can only handle 1 gig each, which means I can only run a max of two gigs (since I can't run DDR and DDR2 at the same time of course). Am I right?

no, those are just different colors so you know which channel is which when in dual channel mode

I confirmed with someone I know that it is 2 gigs. I know two slots are for DDR and two for DDR2, because that's what I was told when I bought it and that's what the manual says. Thanks guys.

One more thing --

I need to upgrade my hardrive(s). My mobo only handles 1.5 Gbps for SATA, but I'm interested in getting a SATA drive anyway (better airflow/for the future, etc.). If the drive advertises as 3 Gbps, it'll still work fine right?

One more thing --

I need to upgrade my hardrive(s). My mobo only handles 1.5 Gbps for SATA, but I'm interested in getting a SATA drive anyway (better airflow/for the future, etc.). If the drive advertises as 3 Gbps, it'll still work fine right?

yes, sata drives auto-negotiate.

Out of curiosity, what type of motherboard do you have?

Your motherboard doesn't support max 4gb, I think you may had read that wrong. Their site states that the board supports max 2gb, so 1gb per slot,

Yeah I know. I was just clarifying that the DDR slots hold 2 gigs and the DDR2 slots hold 2 gigs, but since I can only either use DDR or DDR2, I can only use 2 gigs max.

Back