MAUDIO FW1814, how to address audio output via adat lightpipe

outsider

hi, i want to address my macbook audio output via adat light pipe and not via the analog 1/2, or 3/4 analog output,

i adont have any problem to do it with logic, but i just want to use normally my computer and hear audio via adat lightpipe,

any help please??

if the 1814 is connected to the computer via F/W then using 'lightpipe' is a bit redundant . . . F/W signal is digital and theoretically should be able to be configured, bit to bit, same as anything via lightpipe

that said to hear audio via lightpipe you need two things . . . source with lightpipe out and receiver with lightpipe in . . . in your case you'd have to attach the 1814 lightpipe out to some other device that supported the protocol AND was capable of D/A, with some sort of speaker headphone out connections

yes, that waht i am tryng to do, i connected the 1814 lightpipe outpunt to an alesis adat xt20 lightpipe inputs.
with apple logic is ok but not without logic

sorry, still do not understand the issue

via F/W (mac to 1814) you should be able to hear audio w/o need of the analog outputs on the computer so not entirely sure about the XT20 stage (from 1814 to XT20) while step down from 24 bit to 20 should go virtually (completely) undetectable it seems merely unnecessary

what am I missing?

i don't t want to use the analog output on the computer and neither the analog outputs on the fw1814, i want use the lightpipe output, and with it to feed any adat device, i can address the output on lightpipe only from logic or other sequencer, i want to playback the sound from my mac via the lightpipe of the 1814

Hey Outsider:
Can you start over?
Just map out what you have and what you're trying to accomplish.
I'm having a little difficulty following your original post.

Back