mastering

jusballin

i had a question on mastering. whats a fair price to pay for having a cd mastered.i had a guy want to charge 1,500.00 per song. granted he has done cd's for destiny's child, blu cantrell, usher, etc. they are moving hella units so that no prob for them but im not so i wanted to get an idea on what a fair price would be.

holla

1,500.00 for each song? Damn bro that is waaay too much. There some people who would charge that much for a whole album.

Just to give you an idea of prices. I have 3 matering studios I have dealt with in the past couple years; 2 in Buffalo and 1 in Toronto. All but one have done quite a bit of commercial work.

DMS in Buffalo charges $75/hour and he normally can get a song done in 2 - 3 hours. He has done all sorts of commerical work.

Image in Toronto charges $250 Canadian/hour but this guy really only does commerical work. He takes 3 - 4 hours a song.

AudioMagic in Buffalo charges $50/hour and he never has done any commercial work but he has some great gear. He usually takes 2 - 3 hours.

Hope this helps

Stray

Back