Mastering with T-racks 3

lurek100

Hi there.
Unfortunatelly Im not Master of Mastering yet and at the moment when I finish
my mixes I use T-racks 3 . its kind of mastering software with lots of presets.
did any one of you used it before, and what you guys think about it?

I use it sometimes. I would not recommend the presets. They always leave my mixes sounding funky. Especially with the EQ. If you are going to use presets use presets for each specific part of the mastering chain. I Like the meters and the classic compressor. I only use the linear phase to roll off the sub frequencies. The limiter is straight forward and nice. And the meters do what they should. Overall its a solid program.

I have a T-racks mastering package, only the T-Racks CS classic and the vintage 670 compressor (which I already had bought) but it's a very useful package. I may upgrade to a bigger package later or just buy singles.

I don't use the presets that often I like to set it up myself but sometimes starting with the presets give you a good insight into setting the parameters.

Alan.

Im normally using presets because im not good with mastering yet and dont know what except compressor and equaliser I should set in in standard mastering.
Im usually using best sounding presets and mess with it a little bit.

Pro & Cons of TRacks 3

Cons
-Presets, The whole Idea of presets for Mastering plugin is far from me...Oh I forgot they have this new algorithm that analyses your audio and gathers all information on your mix so it can select the right preset.
- The actual limiter of the Tracks is ok but when pushed hard some artifacts to become audible
- The Multi-band Compressor has limited functions
- Pultec EQ Vintage Plugin - dosent even sound close to a real Pultec (I would know I have worked with one)

Pros
- One Software many components
- Good Meters
- Linear Phase EQ fairly decent
- Price

Last edited:
Back