Mastering CD burning software

JustaBassist

Well im to burn a few projects onto disc and was woundering what software would do the job. I looking at spending around 50 to 100 bucks on this so try to keep it around that price range. And I use a Mac G5. Thanks a lot.

i don't know what you can get for that price but i use roxio toast with jam it was about $199 all said and done and it has a light edition of BIAS Peak with it. its really nice stuff for the money not sure about other stuff though.

Well thanks a lot. I haven't looked around at all for any software yet but I guess I need to expand my budget a bit. I did look at something in a book that was Red Book standard software. So now am I looking around 200 to 400 bucks for this software?

JustaBassist said:
Well thanks a lot. I haven't looked around at all for any software yet but I guess I need to expand my budget a bit. I did look at something in a book that was Red Book standard software. So now am I looking around 200 to 400 bucks for this software?

Any of the basic burning programs will do Red book, maybe without the bells & whistles, but they work. Roxio has Easy CD Creator that does the job cheaply.

Many CD burners come with bundled software that will burn Red book as well.

On the expensive end, there is dedicated mastering software like Wavelab, at $500.

i am pretty happy with roxio toast 6 and iTunes roxio has some really nice stuff in the bundle with jam and a light copy of bias. you can set your tracks up like a real CD it has data back up features as well as some programs to design labels jackets and so on. its really simple stuff that is easy to use and still get some rather nice stuff out of it on the other hand you can get "by" with iTunes for audio on a lot of stuff but i have always thought that toast was worth it. i think mac world has some articles about it and also the roxio website has a lot of stuff and even a demo i think. if you are really a geek you might find something open source that is out there (i know of at least one for mac) i think that the only open source stuff i could find had to be compiled or something. but if you want red book burning with a lot of other options i think roxio has it on Mac at least...

Toast with Jam also does DVD Audio , which will become more and more a factor as more and more people are using 24 bit technology.

TRB

Back