MasterControl control surface

Mongoo

Ever used it, seen it, can comment on it or direct me to other user reviews on it? I can't find a whole lot so far online but it looks promising for what I need. Some details are confusing. Like it has 26 simultaneous inputs available with 2 adat in's, but how many can it record simultaneously over firewire is more confusing. Also trying to figure out how well it's constructed, What Alesis Tech support is like, how is the quality of Alesis Preamps, and if there have been any issues with the drives on this piece.

I am looking at the Alesis MasterControl as a possible substitute to a tascam fw1082 or used fw1884. I've read strong protests on tascam tech support. The Makie control surface is too expensive for not having any preamps. @ $400 less than the Mackie, the MasterControl seems very well laid out with 3 banks for 100mm moterized faders, knobs, and buttons. Plus having 2 preamps with 48v and 6 line in's, that could suit my purposes till I needed to get more pre's, and then just pick up a Presounus FireWire Studio/project.

Any issues having 2 firewire devices on the same computer so long as you have a mainboard with 2 or more likely an extension pci card with 2 or 3 extra firewire?

Back