Marshall V67G Survived

Bowisc

I was tracking vocals in a friend's home-based studio (bathroom set-up for a particular "sound". So (thankfully) I chose to start of with a Marshall V67G.

After a few good takes, we were in the control room mixing. His four-year old was there, but we had kept a watchful eye up until know.

Moments later I hear a loud blamm! coming from the bathroom. I lean into the hallway leading to the bathroom and see half of the boom microphone stand sticking out of the bathtub. And a 4-year old standing in the door-way with a "busted" look on his face.

After a little father-to-son scolding, and some more mixing, I went home. The dad offered to replace the mic, but we're good friends, so I told him not to worry about it.

Got home. Plugged the V67 into Channel 1 of my Sytek. And fired away. It worked. And it sounded okay to me.

But I'm still worried that down the road, the effects of it having fallen from a height of 6' 2" will come into play.

Oh well. $150 is not too much.

Thank God I didn't put my 414-TLII on there. I listened to that "still, small voice" that said, "leave it home".

Bowisc

Had the same story with a U87. And it still works. The mic is 30 years old and still sound great.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
From the sunshine state

Had a similar story with an MXL 1006. I used a lousy mic stand and it just spontaneously cracked.
Did absolutely nothing to it. I guess these MXLs are tougher then you'd think...

O.

I had a friend who came to my home studio, picked up the V67g mike, and started using the mike, "Sammy Hagar" style, pretending as if she was singing live while shouting towards the diaphragm, and then she dropped it to the floor.

Stills works great, but she was no longer my friend :-)

I have a similar story with a Studio Projects C1, I misplaced the stand and suddenly... CRASH!!! but apparently nothing happened to it. Rugged mics, we own.

Back