marshall trouble+ something new?

Riku

hi guys

I have a Marshall 20 th aniversary 50 W, all tube, silver series combo. I love my amp :D

Except it gives me some serious trouble every now and then (once in two months or less or sometimes more)... After plaing a while the sounds just fades away and then maybe comes back. My local dealer/repair-person checked it out but couldn't find what was wrong. The Tubes were checked back then and they were ok. Any ideas? Any tube gurus here?

The other point was that my friend wants to sell me a rather good power amp for dirt cheap. It is a TubeWorks MosValve 962 amp http://www.genzbenz.com/manuals/tw/MV962UserManual.pdf
I already have a J-station and got an idea where I could use these three beautis for my guitar rig. The Marshall has two 12" elements and I could easily separate them and then use the rig as a stereo amp. How does this sound? is this a good plan? I love my combo but I need some reliability in live situations. The amp has let me down twice on a gig....:(

Riku

My baby died this way ! :(

But now is resurrected. :)

Problem is big electrolyte condenser in power-rectifier stage.
Because of electrolyte drying, it becomes conductive and will kill your transformer - this is not cheap repair.

I noticed that on my 75 watt head, and on about 4 other older 2-channel Marshalls.

Just change all capacitors in power stage.

Schaite...

I Think I buy the Mosvalve anyway. I gotta repair the Marshall too i just need to find a better "repair person"... I want it good and tasty it's my dear baby....

thanks for your reply....

Any comments about the Mosvalve?

Riku

Back