Marshall G100RCD

TheEmoTheory

G100RCD 100-Watt head, what do you guys know about it.
In other words, I have, say, $1,000 bucks to spend on a cab and head and I need something nice. Something for small to mid-sized clubs, at least 100watts. Would micing a 50watt head work just as well?
And I know nothing about equip. but I don't like the idea of running some sort of emulator through a peavy or crate o' crap halfstack.
Also, if I end up with a Marshall head, is it worth it to spend 500
bucks on a slanted 4x12 to go with it.

Thanks guys you are the best.

Do not buy a mgr100cd just because it says Marshall on it! Get an AVT50 head, a pod w/flooboard, and buy any used 4x12 cabinet locally. Plug the pod into the effects return bypassing the preamp. Replace the top right hand speaker in the used cab you bought, with a good Celestion (mic this speaker when you play-out). Oh, and don't worry about straight or angle cabs., not really an issue in most clubs, basements, etc. People who complain about the Pod do not realize the difference in headphones vs. amps. If you have no ability to create the sound of your ideal tone, you aren't at stage volume, or have no tweaking abilities. Be realisitic, and put the time in, and you will be satisfied! Oh, and the line 6 floorboard has a killier wah!

Back