Marshall AVT150H Guitar Amplifier Head::PROBLEM

JustaBassist

Well my guitarist purchased the Marshall AVT150H Guitar Amplifier Head and when he finished setting it up ans started playing through it for a few minutes, the head 'zapped' and smoke started coming up the vents. Well...hot damn.

So the problem is...it keeps blowing fuses, I think he blew total of 2 or 3, I told him to stop putting fuses in it and send it in some where. Well he hasn't done that yet because he doesn't wanna drain money into it. But he will eventually, haha.

So if anyone can kinda tell me what could be wrong with his head, either major or minor problems, that would be great.

well...

JustaBassist said:
Well my guitarist purchased the Marshall AVT150H Guitar Amplifier Head and when he finished setting it up ans started playing through it for a few minutes, the head 'zapped' and smoke started coming up the vents. Well...hot damn.

So the problem is...it keeps blowing fuses, I think he blew total of 2 or 3, I told him to stop putting fuses in it and send it in some where. Well he hasn't done that yet because he doesn't wanna drain money into it. But he will eventually, haha.

So if anyone can kinda tell me what could be wrong with his head, either major or minor problems, that would be great.

The problem is that you let the smoke out. The smoke is what makes solid state components work and once its gone it won't work again. Your buddy is going to have to replace the components that smoked. The cause is most likley that something went wrong (like a short circuit) and too much current ran through the component, exceeding its power rating, and heating it up until it smoked. The excess current is what is causing the fuses to blow. They're gonna blow until the amp is properly reapired.

The bottom line is SMOKE = BADD!!

Back