Marshall 8 channel mixer???

Looks kind of old , it's all 1/4' ins and outs, I've never seen one.:confused:
I wouldn't pay that much for it.;)

:cool:

If it's powered it might be ok to power monitors at a small gig.

I'd say $40 if it's powered, a doorstop if it isn't.

it has a 100W amplifier built in...
Well in that case $41.50

Actually ,this will be more trouble than it's worth if you're planning on using it as a PA... It's just not built for that... no balanced inputs, no sends or returns, no groups... save yourself some money and aggravation and give this thing a pass

Powered mixers like that (looks mono) are pretty much only good for monitors. Maybe a practice keyboard amp.

It reminds me of a Centaur powered mixer I had in the 80's.

Heck I might even go $50 for that mixer but forget it for recording - it's mono and noisy. But for some small gig applications it might be ok.

Then again it may fail on the first gig and you're out $50. :(

... no preamps... so toss in the cost of an outboard preamp for every mic channel...

just bad idea for this poster... if I read his intentions right.

But then maybe 40/50 bucks is a pretty good price for a vintage Marshall 100 watt power amp, (built on the cusp of the solid state age; early 70's)... but that's a lot of lugging and/or real estate for 100 watts...

I'd still skip it...

... no preamps... so toss in the cost of an outboard preamp for every mic channel...
Hmm I think it should have pre-amps because it's a mixer. The 1/4" inputs are more of a concern though - no XLR for mics. You can buy much better new for cheap nowadays so I would pass.

I have a big old powered mixer of that era with jack inputs - no balanced ins - mono out. It was cool when I bought it & did PA work for quite a few rehearsals & a couple of gigs.
BUT it's noisy, mono, inflexible & heavy so doesn't rate for hi fi use.
I did use the reverb a couple of times in recording but had to filter the noise out.

I have a feeling that MOFO Pro is correct in that solid state stuff of that era is often very well made. A friend of mine showed up one day with an odd Marshall amp with a mic in, and a couple of inputs. It was like for a solo guitarist using a drum machine, kind of a mini pa. It wasn't bad at all and the construction quality was like stuff they can't afford to make nowadays.

Then again... you know when you're changing a car tire and you need something to put behind one of the wheels so it won't roll... :)

Powered mixers like that (looks mono) are pretty much only good for monitors. Maybe a practice keyboard amp.

It reminds me of a Centaur powered mixer I had in the 80's.

Heck I might even go $50 for that mixer but forget it for recording - it's mono and noisy. But for some small gig applications it might be ok.

Then again it may fail on the first gig and you're out $50. :(

You would be out the gig as well dinty! no one is getting paid if you don't perform.:-)mad:)
.............And you guys owe me $346. for all the beer you drank --:eek:--

:cool:

Back