Marshall 2000xl?

heupel

My friend just bought a Marshall 2000xl?(i think that was the model)...and we tried it out............I think he only gave like $280 or so for it so I thought it might be a good bargain.......WRONG! I couldn't get any sort of decent sound what so ever. All the high end and mids were so harsh it was hard to listen to. No amount of eq'ing could make it sound good. I was just wandering if he maybe has a defective mic or is this the sound Marshall was shooting for. If anyone knows anything about it We would appreciate the help....Thanks.

I am really intrigued by the 2001 bashing i've heard on here. I'm not saying it's the best mic i've ever heard, but it in combination with a few tube mp's have given me some better overall drum, and vocal sounds than i had previously achieved with my AT condensers. The first cd i recorded of a local band has been getting good reviews from the people who buy it (including several local quality audio engineers), and it was recorded with less quality condensers than the mxl's. It all goes back to the personal preference thing i suppose... :)

By the way, if he paid $280 for it, he did get ripped off. I paid $410 for 2, including shockmounts, and 2 25' mic cables.

[This message has been edited by neadam (edited 04-03-2000).]

neadem, My buddy had heard good things about that mic is the reason he bought it.........but we tried some more stuff using it and it sounds so bad that I'm almost sure it is defective. He is supposed to get it checked tommorow................Later............

Back