mars volta effects !

lbcstudios

hey... has anyone out there listened to the newest mars volta cd? if so...

u have heard some of the nice backround effects they got going on most of thier songs... anyone have any advice on how they achieve this so well? and maybe some effects / synths u could recommend... im a COMPLETE newb when it comes to midi/ keyboard type things..thx

I saw them live not too long ago. The keyboard player had a pretty extensive set up. I think I remember seeing a Korg Triton Studio up there but don't take that as gospel. He had some organs and some sound modules as well... I remember thinking that he was probably the most talented dude in the band. (I'm a little bitter that At The Drive In broke up and started Mars Volta :()

Oh, I also know that they used to have a dude when they first formed that did all the crazy vocal processing and probably a lot of the real crazy samples and shit. He died of a drug od(i think, I know he died at the least) after their first album. Flea from RHCP's played bass on that cd as well.

ya, he killed himself by overdose or somethin else on purpose. Thier new album.. ia a long story about him and his death. the deloused in the comatorium.

hmm.. thats a really expensive setup.. ill prob just go with a cheaper keybaord and some synths...

yes it does suck about atdi break up. my band covers a song named causmonaut by them.

deloused was about a guy namd julio venegas who killed himself...the sound dude jeremy ward died of an accidental OD

Back