Mapping: US-428 for apps...?

thwackless

Hey, how are ye?

I am running Cool Edit Pro 2.0, with a Tascam US-428. I want to employ this controller to also work within Soundforge 5.0, Windows Moviemaker, and Acid 3.0. Stop laughing!

No- but really ... the Tascam Users' Forum is, as we know, defunct. So... is there anyone out here in the digi-world who has knowledge of such uses or methods of doing this? I mean, if you've got a tool, you might as well know what you can do with it, right? Let's get our money's worth out of this stuff we got here!

Anyone...?

Thanks,
Rog.

i think theres a pdf on tascam site that has key emulation, and a link to a program that can show you how you can make the tascam emulate hotkeys

(i might be wrong)

ROnC

Our story so far...

Well, the pdf on the Tascam site is pretty much what's in the manual, though I admit I'm going to have to read it again- I saved it. But I've followed a link to www.bome.com and downloaded Bome's MIDI Translator into a folder on my Hard Drive. I'm psyched to try it out, but I'll have to let you know in a few days how it goes.
You "pay" for the license to use it after a trial period with a postcard. Not a virtual postcard, but a 'real' one. Pretty cool, huh?

I'll get back...

Rog.

well did you ever figure this stuff out? i want to emulate some of the aux and F keys on the 428 in adobe audition / cep

lemme know, i cant figure this stuff out

RonC

MIDI Translator

Hey,

I've been working long days and havent't been able to invest a lot of time into it yet. I downloaded some preset maps for Soundforge on a link found off of www.bome.com, but I've yet to figure out just how to load the MIDI Translator with the data!

I e-mailed Florian Bomer, the inventor, and the jist of his reply was a polite version of "You're on your own, kid!". That's not what he said exactly, but it's trial and error, and I don't currently have that kind of time on my hands.

I was told, however, that he's putting together a User's Forum, and so there'll be a focused support group out there pretty soon for tips, Q and A, etc.

I'm still gonna take stabs at it, but don't hold your breath- I might be awhile. All this stuff is still essentially new to me, I don't even know what "Hotkeys" is. Looked at a nice cassette 4-trk today...!

I'll be back,

Rog.

I do have the spare time, and with it, I have had little sucess. I've been trying to get those aux controls to change things on CEP/AA like switching from edit mode to multitrack view, and zoom out to full. Stuff like that would be really neat. Can't get it to go...

RonC

Just go to WWW.bome.com in your url window, it'll take you to the site. If you e-mail Florian Bomers from that web-site, he might be able to help you out- he'll surely get back to you. You're going to have to do your own digging, bro, if I don't have the answer.

Rog.

Back