Mapex and Mars Music thoughts

jontflesh

Hi all,
Well I finally went and bought a new snare drum. There were three that I was looking at. Carver by Pearl, Anton Fig signature, and a Mapex limited edition smoke snare. After about an hour of jamming I went with the Mapex drum. I had never really messed with Mapex drums before but wow this drum rocks! Just as deep as the Carver and Anton Fig but seems to have a little more umf on it. The sounds cuts through the million watts of hell my band puts out but is not poppy like my piccallo snare at all. I am a happy camper.
The drum listed for 300.. something and was on sale for like 249.00 my Bass players friend works at the store and let me have it for a straight $200 buckies, hell yeah!
I also have to gives props to Mars Music in Aurora CO, after dealing with the evil empire of Guitar Center for a few years it is nice to see a major corporation had hired some actually knowledgable musicians, not just my bass players friend either. Every question was answered , and the guys seemed to go out of thier way to get me what I wanted, no matter of the price. They could have easily tried to sell me only on the Pearl and Anton Fig as they were well above $400.00, the guy just told me to check out the Mapex too and let me play with it for a while.
Ahhh a nice experience, and a nice snare drum!
I can't wait to hear this bad boy in the studio.

jontflesh

Back