Manslick - Poor Boy

I enjoyed that. Man, you go in all kinds of directions. It's not polished, in fact it sounds like a first draft on the fly, but you get away with that shit. There's more than one way to get it right, I guess.

Hey dobro yes first and only draft of a stream of conscience thing that came to mind after seeing an old pictured of me standing next to my brother, who was in a baby carriage.
Weird. Right?

Last edited:
Well, from your end, yeah. But from my end interesting. That's why I listen to this stuff. You just keep sitting on the fence and coming up with stuff worth the listen. It's the sound track against which I do my stuff these days. Poor Boy's great. I listen to the space on the vocal, for example. I long for space on vocals like that. It's great.

Not much to say but wow. Great singing. I'm a sucker for descending chord patterns, and minor keys. My only criticism would be that the song could be a minute or two shorter. But hey, I'm still listening to it, so you got something going right.

Well, from your end, yeah. But from my end interesting. That's why I listen to this stuff. You just keep sitting on the fence and coming up with stuff worth the listen. It's the sound track against which I do my stuff these days. Poor Boy's great. I listen to the space on the vocal, for example. I long for space on vocals like that. It's great.
Well, I listen to Tom Waits and Hendrix, too. Just saying.

The temptation with Waits is to keep listening. The temptation with Hendrix is to admire him. Who'd have thought this forum might explore listening tastes? I can shift back and forth between Beautiful Maladies and Electric Ladyland all night, with the occasional excursion to this forum and back down here.

What are you listening to nowadays? Pretty much your own stuff, I'd reckon, cuz you've posted a ton of stuff here recently.

Last edited:
Back