Manic Depression - Cover

Nice version and yes I have never heard a slide sound quite like this.......fuzz face?.....anyways great job...Love this tune...Good times in 69

Nice version and yes I have never heard a slide sound quite like this.......fuzz face?.....anyways great job...Love this tune...Good times in 69
Thanks. It's a pedal steel like in country music, but played differently and through a SansAmp GT2.

Reactions: TAE
I've heard pedal steel played like that before. I saw Robert Randolph with the Experience Hendrix tour a couple of times, plus saw him playing an outdoor concert in Greenville SC.

The Slide Brothers have been known to crank out some pretty heavy slide as well.

Not meaning to hijack the thread but the Voodoo Chile video reminded me of this "unusual" way of going about it....

Lachy is a bad ass...

Not meaning to hijack the thread but the Voodoo Chile video reminded me of this "unusual" way of going about it....

Lachy is a bad ass...

It's actually kind of relevant, because when you have one rhythm/lead instrument, it kind of limits your panning options. In that video, they just put the bass, keyboard and vocal down the center. That's a perfectly legitimate solution, but I generally want something a little more interesting. I found ways to give my mix a bit more stereo spread.

That sounds intriguing! Music has an incredible ability to surprise us and evoke emotions we might not expect. I'm genuinely curious to hear how the pedal steel guitar adds a unique twist to your music.
Speaking of music, it's fascinating how it can be a form of self-expression and a way to cope with various emotions and experiences. It can provide a sense of connection and understanding, which is especially relevant when discussing topics like manic depression.
If you're interested, you can explore resources like https://www.outlookindia.com/outlook-spotlight/best-kratom-vendors-news-236504 for more insights into the therapeutic aspects of music and holistic approaches to well-being. Music has the power to uplift, inspire, and heal, and I hope your cover helps you and others connect with its emotional depth.

Last edited:
Back