Man why didn't yall tell me???

Noddy301

Young ~N~ ReAdy
...about the horrors of balancing
a gurlfriends happiness with your music when it involves
doing shows and sloted studio time.

Geesh!

Gurlfriend: Oh, so youre putting your music before me???

Me: Umm errr Uhhhh

Music is my life, but music isnt who I go to when I
NEED to let one loose;)
LoL
yall are my family so........yeah

lol, but on the real...it is a tough balance to go through. Im married and I was doing music before my wife even met me, as a matter of fact I was DJ'ing at a club when we met. Here it is, years later and STILL I catch flack over my music making time. Women will envy anything thats as time consuming as they are unless they are into making beats or whatever. Then it's easier for them to understand. I guess if it really came down to it, I would spend less time fugging with music and spend more time with her, after all she is my baby's moma so that comes first.

However! She knows that I'm gonna do my music regardless, I'll say this...just keep her sexed up and all will be good. When music cuts into booty time, you got a problem...married or not.

dac

Gotta find the right one homie... I'll say that all the females I've been with supported the cause, but couldn't have enough time with me. This new lady I'm messin' with, she cool as fuck, hell, sit in a session and help me out. Down for whatever cause.

Mindset is the exception. And just so you know women don't give two shits about what you do. Only how $much$ it means to them. So if you're making music because you love it and aren't bringing in the green good luck. I just lost one for that.

After 5 years my wife eventually just gave up she knows I'm a studio rat at heart. We just try to make the best of the time when we are together. It's tuff though every now and then she'll get a bug and complain a little but that is when I just stop what I'm doing, take her out for dinner and a movie all the quality time stuff and she settles again for months on end. Make sure you're wearing the lining out it when ya with her and everything will be fine.

My wife and I go through this about once a year. So I decided a couple years back, to spend my nights in the studio, after hours. Unless I have someone in for a session or something, the only time I'm in the studio is when she's gone to bed for the night.

It works for us. But then again, I make decent money off the music, so she doesn't complain too much when I have to take time away from her to get something done or meet a deadline.

I was wondering if I was the only one LOL....mine is confused sometimes. She digs my music, she digs my beats, but she HATES the time I spend on it. But it's also hard because you throw in homework (gotta get that education), artwork, housework, dadwork, handling drama, dealing with estranged family, hating my 9 to 5, and working on my stand up comic routine (might not make much from it but its fun)...and the gaming I do (weakness).

It's like I wrote the whole album but don't get the time I'd like to sit down and make it happen. I love it, but I also have to take care of the needs too.

BTW, I've started a blog on my personal myspace that I'm using at stand-up routines. People like it so far, but I wanna see what the fam thinks. When I get an amateur night at a good club, I'll have my homie videotape it and put it on youtube.

myspace.com/fieva
Fiev.

I gave up loooong ago lil homey.
I used to pick small fights so she'll get mad and leave for the night. After 2 or 3 times she caught on and it stopped working. I used to catch hell when I was making a lot of music. Now it doesn't matter as much because I don't make much music.

Noddz, there is NO balance...LMAO Women always want more, no matter how much you give.. it's in their nature to want more. Good Luck Homey!

^^^ Fiev what's your myspace link?? Imma check it out.

i find ways to put mine "to work" in the studio - get her to do sample hooks n tish . . . i tell her i need to see what the track sounds like with dif. voices on it, before i can tell what to do wit it. . .

doesnt work all the time . . but hell!!1

Fiev,

My Son wants to know how many legs are on the bus. (No sir, I wanna know!)
Dumb-dee-Dumb-Dumb..................:eek:

Funny blog too! Is there a book in your future?

If I told you the answer to that it'd be cheating....took me a while to figure it out...I was doing all the math wrong.

I don't think I'll be writing a S2P book but who knows...I'm doing that blog post as an amateur comedy routine.

Trizz you might wanna check that myspace. I added the 2nd episode. I also would advise not to let your son read it.

Back