Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Rode NT1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rode NT1000

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wvsoulja

Whitch one of these mics is a good mic?

Question, I want a mic to hang overhead, not be set on a stand.. Is that possible to do? If so, what do I need to do in order to do that? If not whitch one of these can?

Also, any other mic suggestions? $450 price range.

want the mic to hang not be on a stand...why???
get a stand with a boom...
as for the mics, seeing how i produce rap&Rnb i can tell you the at4040 is a great mic.. well under $450.. they go for $275-300.. that leaves you the extra money to get a sudio projects vtb-1 preamp which is $129 and you'll be set..

Rap mics

The 4040 is a good mic for rappers! but the Rode nt1000 is good so is the MXLV77 and the C-1 all which are in your price range.

This mic <a href="http://www.micguys.com/marshall/marsh_v77s.htm">MXL V77 S</a href>? Is the ultragain voice 2200 a good pre? Damn, the NT1, the 4040, SM7, whitch one?!

The SM7 might give you the meat you need with a weak voice-

And if you're hanging it from above ( I know, I know, it looks cooler- use a very steady boom-stand, it's worth the money) it'll incur less damage when it falls......and it probably will

Good Luck
Chris

You don't hang it- you get a boom stand and set the height really high, then bring the arm down at an angle to your nose-

There is really no benefit to doing this, and it's really unsafe...

Just get a boom stand and set the arm about a 45-degree angle towards the ceiling. Hang the mic upside-down and get on with making music, clients won't know the difference

didn't Michael Jackson use the Shure SM7 in the 80s? thats what i heard on some BBS...if he did i think that would be the winner

Yep,
He apparently uses condensors for most stuff, but for thriller, he's supposed to have used an SM7 for pretty much the whole thing. Harvey Gerst owns one of his producers' old SM7's (maybe even THE one, but not sure),

Steve

Back