Malakian's live setup?

tourettes5139

I was just curious if anyone knows what Daron Malakian (System of a Down) uses live amp-wise. I just assumed that he was using a Mesa, but it almost looks like they are Line 6 Flextone II's or III's. There are no badges on it that I can see, so it could really be anything. That is just what the color scheme looked like to me. I was just curious if anyone else had any info on this. The videos I saw were their performance on SNL, and at the MTV Video Music Awards in Europe. Thanks!!

I was under the impression that he used Marshall Mode Four amps, but that could've just been marketing hype or something. I don't keep up on SOAD.

Oh really? I didn't know that he used Marshalls. He just always seemed like a Boogie guy for some reason. Cool. Thanks for the replies, guys!

I think the Marshall advert is true to his performing equipment. I saw a video of SOAD performing in Noraway or something and saw a few Mode Fours. Nice amps. Loud as mofos too.

There were ads in guitar magazines a little while back when the mode four came out that had Daron laying on top of a couple Mode Fours.

IronFlippy said:
There were ads in guitar magazines a little while back when the mode four came out that had Daron laying on top of a couple Mode Fours.

long ago...

For a guy that keeps up with him....it's definately not Marshall Mode Four anymore. He only uses that stuff in the studio now. I myself have been struggling to find out what amp he uses live.

Back